Reviews Editor, Sporting Traditions: Expressions of Interest
ASSH is seeking a new Reviews Editor for Sporting Traditions. The position has been held by Rob Hess since 2008, and we thank Rob for his significant contributions to Sporting Traditions and to professionalising and streamlining ASSH Publications through the development of policies and procedures.
- Reviews Editor for Sporting Traditions is appointed by the Publications Officer for a term of two years, renewable for a further two years
- Liaises with publishers and authors re submission of material for distribution to reviewers
- Establishes and publishes guidelines for reviewers and solicits reviews from the sports history fraternity for publication in Sporting Traditions
- Arranges review symposiums/review essays for publication in Sporting Traditions
- Maintains a list of current and pending reviews in order to ensure necessary contact with reviewers and the timely management and submission of reviews
- Arranges for electronic scans of covers of books to be reviewed to be forwarded to the Sporting Traditions Editor
- Liaises with the Sporting Traditions Editor to ensure the timely submission of reviews for publication in Sporting Traditions
- Applicants must be members of the Australian Society for Sport History (ASSH)
If you are interested in this important ASSH position, please forward a two-page application outlining relevant qualifications and experience in respect to the duties listed above to Greg Blood by Tuesday 3 April 2018. Questions regarding the position should be directed to Greg Blood.
ASSH Publications Officer